PHYSICAL THERAPIST | PILATES TRAINER
Deanna Dewell received her BA from UW, Seattle in Psychology and Music, then went on to work internationally as a field baboon researcher and swim school owner/P.E teacher in Tanzania. She had her 4 children in Africa and attained her Bsc Physiotherapy (physical therapy) from WITS in Johannesburg, South Africa. She finally found her way back to the USA to live on Bainbridge Island in 2010, raising her four kids and occasional dogs/cats in her forested home. She worked for New Motion PT on Bainbridge for almost 7 years before establishing her own practice in 2017: Heal in Motion PT. Her passion for Pilates led her to certification with world renowned BASI faculty in 2015. In the last 4 years, Deanna has developed a highly effective Aqua PT rehab program, a concierge physical therapy practice, and taught hundreds of classes with a sense of safety and humor! She finds both teaching and practicing Pilates the key to her faster triathlon times, ease with new exercises, safety with physical challenges (NPC Bikini and Figure competition) and patience with mental ones!
She has been a part of the Island Fitness community since 2015 as a loyal member and eager co-lifter, runner, rower beside many of you. She’s looking forward to now assisting you in “finding your core”, “bettering your sport” and becoming stronger and safer in life and leisure. Book your private session or visit her in a class!
- Bsc Physiotherapy (Bachelor of Science Physical Therapy)
- BA Psychology
- Certified Comprehensive Pilates Instructor: BASI (Body of Arts and Science International)
- Certified Senior Strength Trainer: IWA (International Weightlifting Association)
- NPC (National Physique Committee) member and Figure & Bikini competitor
- Orthopedic Manual Therapy Certificate Level 1: NAIOMT
- Aquatic Physical Therapist: ATRI (Aquatic Therapy Rehab Institute) including Watsu and Ai Chi
- Physical Therapy Training in Lymphatic Drainage, Cranio Sacral Therapy, Low Level Laser Therapy, Targeted Vibration Therapy, Pelvic Floor Rehab, as well as Balanced Body Pilates: Core Align and Reformer, Neuroscience of Pain Education: NOI (Neuro Orthopedic Institute)